Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policy
IOG is a Net Zero UK gas and infrastructure operator focused on high return projects. Our priority is safe, reliable and cost-effective execution of our development projects and production operations.
As a Licensee and Field Developer, IOG is obliged to act responsibly, taking all practicable steps to protect people, environment and assets. As such, IOG is committed to:
- Comply fully with relevant health, safety, welfare and environmental laws, regulations and obligations
- Maintain robust environmental management processes and target the highest standards in environmental performance
- Provide leadership, governance and guidance to IOG personnel, promoting continual improvement in HSE behaviours and a speaking-up culture on any HSE concerns or risks
- Ensure relevant risks are identified and mitigated to be as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP)
- Monitor and report HSE performance to ensure learnings are communicated and shared for continual performance
- Investigate root causes of any incidents, implement any remedial actions and communicate lessons learned
- Assure consistent and robust HSE standards across all activities whether undertaken by staff, consultants, contractors, partners, duty holders and or other personnel working on IOG assets or premises
- Maintain a fit for purpose Crisis Management Plan, supported by annual training and testing
To meet this commitment all levels and roles within the company must:
- Understand and mitigate risk: maintain awareness of Major Accident Hazards associated with our activities and assure that effective barriers are maintained
- Effectively manage change: ensure the risks associated with change are effectively mitigated
- Assure compliance: uphold a structured approach to compliance internally and externally
The Chief Executive and the Board have ultimate accountability for the effective implementation of this policy, which will be periodically reviewed. Line management are also responsible for establishing clear roles and responsibilities within their functional areas, including applicable third-party activities.