IOG is a Net Zero UK gas and infrastructure operator focused on high return projects.
IOG believes that limiting climate change and transitioning to a more sustainable economy are critical challenges. In that context, we support the North Sea Transition Deal and the UK Government’s 2050 Net Zero emissions target as part of efforts to meet internationally recognised climate targets as laid out in the 2015 Paris Agreement.
IOG aims to make a positive contribution to the UK’s energy transition by helping to supply secure and affordable energy to UK homes and businesses as part of a lower-carbon energy mix and displacing more carbon-intensive energy imports.
To help achieve this, IOG is committed to:
- Continue to identify, record and evaluate the projected and actual Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions from our sanctioned projects and ongoing corporate activities
- Maintain on an annual basis our Net Zero status for Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions from sanctioned projects and ongoing corporate activities
- Integrate emissions analysis into the planning and decision processes for all future investments, alongside other relevant factors
- Collaborate with relevant partners, associations and industry bodies as part of a wider industry effort to mitigate emissions and help meet the UK’s Net Zero target
- Embed a mindset of sustainability, responsibility, strong ethics and respect for people and the environment throughout our management decisions, operations and investments
- Communicate effectively and clearly to relevant stakeholders on progress and performance on the objectives set out herein
IOG considers these commitments as essential elements of a robust strategy and good corporate citizenship, in the context of collective efforts to mitigate climate change.
The Board of Directors has assigned executive responsibility to the CEO for the implementation of this policy, which will be continually reviewed and revised in light of future changes in relevant public information, government policy and scientific progress.